Aquarisol

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flossie

Aquarium Advice Addict
Does anyone use Aquarisol in their tanks or as a net dip? Says it can be added monthly ad a preventative against ich and
Fungus. Sounds like a plus?

Cons and pros? If any.... ???

Nope, never. I don't use medications unless I have to. Most are pretty hard on fish. I couldn't remember the active ingredient in Aquarisol, so I Googled it- looks like copper sulfate. This will nuke any inverts you have.

It's been my experience, overwhelmingly, that salt and heat is much easier on fish than medication (including plecos, loaches, cories, etc.), and is just as effective as meds when treating ich.

As far as medications go it's a fairly mild one...but salt and heat is usually the better way to go. You shouldn't need a monthly preventative. As long as you are keeping your water parameters good and quarantining new fish, you shouldn't have any problems. It's always best to avoid adding any chemicals to your tanks. I use it regularly at the lfs I work at and it does a decent job of clearing up ick, but I've had just as much success in my personal tanks using the salt and heat method. I am currently using it to treat a body fungus on my bettas and seems to be helping. Just be extremely cautious if you use it if you have any inverts.

Back
Top Bottom