aquarium advice please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cartosbartos

Aquarium Advice Activist
heys guys i bought a new 40 gallon tank the other day and along with it i got 7 fish, 1 hatchet, 3 guppies, 1 sterba cory, 1 penguin tetra, 1 black phantom tetra.

I already have my own plans and some of my own fish so i didnt really need this added problem but it was to late by the time i got it all home and realised exactly what type they were.

So my real question is which ones to keep
im thinking of adding 4 more sterba corys
ill sell the guppies with my other tank
but not to sure to do with the hatchet and tetras are the tetras i have alot more active in groups or should i add them to my other tank to be rehomed

any advice would be great thanks again

I hate it when people sell tanks with fish, esp if youve already researched and chosen what you want to keep. What tetra are they? I like tetra of all kinds and they would be the only fish id probably want keep. Bare tanks are just better, it saves you a trip to the lfs and the guilt of condeming the fish your giving away:(

Keep the ones you want and give the others away.

hello and thanks for the reply, black neon tetra who is hiding up the back corner, and the penguin tetra that is just half of time hiding and the other half sitting still at the front of the tank. initially he told me it was 6 fish, a hatch, sucker and guppies. I got there and it was a cory, 2 types of tetras, and guppies and a sucker fish so i was like ??????

Poor tetras all by themselves, one of each? I cant imagine theyre too happy without afew compardres. Id either get more tetra or they should go too. Tetra of any kind should be in groups. In a way its good you got his tank because he hadnt a clue:p

Back
Top Bottom