aquarium cupboard

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pinda

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have seen some displays of closed aquarium cupboards. Does anyone know where i can get plans of those cupboards. It looks like the aquarium is a picture on a wall.

I have not seen any plans, but I have seen a few of them on the web. Usually it involve a fish room behind the wall where the tank sits. You cut a hole (window) in the wall (being careful to re-frame the wall appropriately - that will be different if it is a load bearing wall vs non-load bearing wall.) Then you build a stand on the wall so that a fish tank will fit perfectly against the window. You frame out the hole on the display side so it looks good. The equipment for the tank & all maintenance is done in the fish room itself.

This is not a project for the inexperienced. However, if you have built a garage, or finished a basement, you cna tackle something like this.

I wanted to build a cupboard directly on the wall itself. Not necessarily in the wall. I would however like it to look as though it was in a picture frame.

What i am trying to say is a fully enclosed cupboard attached to a wall. Not a stand and separate canopy

Back
Top Bottom