Aquarium First Time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ErinChancy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone! I'm about 2 months into my first aquarium. It's been rough! 20gal freshwater tank with currently 2 male guppies, 3 zebra danios, and 4 neon tetras. Within the past 2 weeks had a male guppy, an albino catfish, and a neon tetra die. Going to go to Petsmart to get my water checked. I need these forums and advice! :)

welcome! first thing to do is to read up on cycling. There are good articles on here. Most likely you are doing a fish-in cycle which is the cause of your fish death, due to high ammonia. Water changes are you friend, filter changes are your enemy. :)

Hello everyone! I'm about 2 months into my first aquarium. It's been rough! 20gal freshwater tank with currently 2 male guppies, 3 zebra danios, and 4 neon tetras. Within the past 2 weeks had a male guppy, an albino catfish, and a neon tetra die. Going to go to Petsmart to get my water checked. I need these forums and advice! :)

:welcome: to AA! (y)

First thing I'll recommend is you forgo having your water tested at either location. They tend to use test strips which are junk ... get yourself the API test master kit ... it's a bit pricey buy WELL worth the investment! Another worthwhile investment is Seachem Prime de-chlorinator / water conditioner during PWC's.

See the links below on cycling ... and just ensure to keep up on PWC's ... your goal is to keep ammo readings below 0.25ppm which is why a good water testing kit is a must when your establishing your tank.

I just learned about cycling but I already have fish. What now?!

Good Luck!

Welcome aboard! :welcome: And I'd have to agree with everyone about what truce said. But hey you've made it on here so welcome!!

welcome! this site is a fountain of knowledge for you to lightly sip or dive into, so i hope you enjoy the threads and get some good advice :)
good luck!!! x

Welcome to Aquarium Advice! Theres many helpful people here so don't be afraid to ask questions!!!

Back
Top Bottom