Aquarium Instant Ocean Bio-Spira

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bootz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Currently 30 gallon tank has 20lbs of dry rock and 30lbs of dry sand.I wanted to do a fishless cycle will this product start the growth of bacteria on my dry rock? without anything living i dont see how the cycle can start?

You need a source of ammonia to start the cycle. That can be from industrial ammonia, uncured Live Rock, a fresh cocktail shrimp from the supermarket, a pinch of fish food, etc. You need a source of decaying matter to start the nitrogen cycle or just add ammonia (with no other ingredients).

Read the article in sig links for fishless cycling.

i used it and it has done a great job, i sis cycle my LR which was cured and had minimal die off from transportation but the growth of bacteria and coralline aglae that has started to grow in a month of beign up and running for is incredible. i've got feather duster growth pod growth plant growth and its doing a great job of keeping ammonias and nitrites away

Well i just placed a raw shrimp into my tank now the long waiting process.

You should start to see ammonia in a couple of days. Remove the shell if you didn't and place in a plastic, inert mesh bag for easy removal when it breaks down

Back
Top Bottom