Aquarium lid dripping down glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robbie.

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

I'm new to this site so apologies if I'm posting to the wrong section etc.

Got a new 25L aquarium about a week - 2 weeks ago & everything is fine. However, I have one issue that is becoming really frustrating; there is a constant drip down from my lid, down the glass and onto my floor. I believe that it is due to my air stone creating bubbles, which is making a small splash at the top of the water which is splashing onto the top of the lid & slowly leaking to the edge & dripping. This is of course smearing the glass & ruining my surface.

Has anyone had this issue/know any way to solve this? Either to stop the splashing at the top of my tank or just to stop it leaking/dripping down the side?

strange, doesn't the lid sit inside the aquarium, if so then it would drip back into aquarium.

Lid

strange, doesn't the lid sit inside the aquarium, if so then it would drip back into aquarium.

So I think it is leaking through the flap to feed through hence why it isn’t going straight back in. It is just going out and dripping down from there. Not sure if you can tell from the attachment below but you can just about see where the water is dripping.

Attachments

• C6E63D1F-07AF-47D5-8D0E-1ABE31E3B99B.jpg
    C6E63D1F-07AF-47D5-8D0E-1ABE31E3B99B.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 31
Back
Top Bottom