Aquarium not level questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MonkeyMonk86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm water testing a 29gallon ( 30.25L x 12.5W x 18.75H). It is on a top shelf of a metal frame stand with 3/4" plywood under it to make a full shelf under it. I'm using a phone level and getting these readings at 1/4 full. I'll repost readings when full. Also, I put metal frame in large centered furniture slides. Right now are these readings acceptable?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397666131.727141.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397665927.832852.jpg

This was tank right b4 last bucket of water and new readings when fullImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397668097.372612.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397668110.612589.jpg

I'll do new readings tomorrow morning. Do you think these readings, right now are safe or do I need to level the tank better?

Edited: I just found this article about aquarium leveling. http://www.oscarfishlover.com/helpful-articles/members-articles/levelling-tank
( my metal stand has 4 metal feet. The rear are regular metal and front are scrolled feet)

Skip the phone level and grab a tape measure. Measure the water line from the trim down on all corners. (ps, 4 corners have 8 sides)

Huro and Treemanone, thank you both for answering and I follow what you meant about 8 measurements. I will do that and post results.

I'm also considering having the kids come back when I drain the tank and removing the furniture sliders and measuring it that way, too.

I took some water out and measured from the bottom of the top black strip to the water line.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397844403.385216.jpg

I emptied the tank and moved the plywood and found the left rear mitered up a bit. So, I moved the plywood/aquarium off the side rail. The 3/4" plywood is now supported by only front and back rail. Is that ok using 3/4" plywood? I'll fill it up again and get new readings.

Centering the tank in the middle of the stand, I think I might be level. Checked corners and they are pretty much the same. I need to spray paint back black with plasti drip b4 I refill which will make measuring the wall side almost impossible.

Back
Top Bottom