Aquarium Shows?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean like someone opening their house up like an open house but instead being to show off your tank?

I know there is a commerical oriented one (actualy coming up soon) but it's not really a "trip to the aquarium" type of show. Mostly equipment manufacturers and wholesalers etc.

CustomAquariums said:
No I think he means like a car show type of deal but about aquariums

Interesting concept. Probably something that would only happen in FL and CA.

An aquarium show would be cool, but it's probably too impractical to move cycled tanks and fish around.
On the other hand, I would imagine that there must be equipment shows somewhere for the reef people.

One thing you could check into is a local aquarium society if there is one near you. They often have monthly fish auctions and annual shows. Here is a link listing some US aquarium society website - maybe one is near where you live.

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/greatercity/links1.htm

nternational Marine Aquarium Conference 2004

The International Marine Aquarium Conference (IMAC) will be held near Chicago on June 4, 5 and 6. It’s already shaping up to be a great conference with some of the best speakers in the hobby.

Eric Borneman,
Dr. Ron Shimek,
Carol Cozzi-Schmarr,
Mark Schick,
Dr. Charlie Mazel,
Jeff Mitchell,
Dr. Tim Hovanec,
Marc Lamont,
Dr. Sanjay Joshi,
Scott Michael,
Steve Robinson,
Anthony Calfo,
Beth Ann Panocha,
Walt Smith,
Bob Fenner,
Tullio Dell Aquilla,
Adam Blundell and
Allen LaPointe.

The theme of the conference is “Aquaculture, Captive Breeding, and Responsible Collecting: The Right Way to Go!”, and the conference will include a Frag Swap, a huge Raffle, a big Banquet, a Speakers Reception and more exhibitors than we had last year, including

Marineland
Perfecto Mfg.
All Glass Aquarium
Aquatic Eco Systems
Harbor Aquatics
Clams Direct
Palmetto Reefs
Fancy Publications
A Splash of Life
DT’s Phytoplankton
Reed Mariculture
Phishy Business
Seahorse Breeders Network
Hikari Foods
Aquatic Research and Development
Aquarium Hobbyist
Chicagoland Marine Aquarium Society
Tropical Fish Hobbyist
Reef Central
Reefs.org
Seahorse.org
Premium Aquatics
Syngnathid.org
Reef Fanatic
Dirk’s Reef
Coral Reef Aquarium
Aquarium Obsessed
who have already signed up and with more to come (lots of livestock dealers and you know they don’t want to take stuff home with them).

www.theimac.org

There's one coming up in the summer for Cichlids. Its a yearly show/convention, with fish for sale, auctions, guest speakers, etc. It's The American Cichlid Association(ACA) Convention, they're holding it in Denver, CO this year. Their website is http://cichlid.org/ if anyones wants to check into it further.

Dammit! I forgot Anthony Calfo would be speaking in Brooklyn tonite *cries*

Anyway, we have fish shows every month or so at our local fish club mtg. They're called bowl shows, and folks bring in what they feel is their best fish to be exhibited and judged.

I've never heard of an Aquarium show along the lines of say, one of those home shows or computer shows, but I do know many of the larger fish clubs have annual big auctions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom