Aquarium size mystery

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lucas82

Aquarium Advice Regular
My new aquarium that was given to me is an unusual size. The lights don't work and the hoods were filthy so I will be replacing them. Of course I misplaced my tape measurer but it appears to be 40" L X 18 H X 12 W. I can't find these dimensions on any tank websites. I put over 30 gallons of water in it but was hoping someone more experienced might be able to help me ID the size of this tank. Hopefully the hoods and the lights can be replaced and aren't some strange dimension. Thanks : )

Attachments

• IMG_1296.jpg
    IMG_1296.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 96
Could be an aqueon 40 gallon breeder, it does look similar to my 55, but looks a bit smaller.

Using a dimensions calculator for tanks and the measurements you gave it says your tank would be just under 38 gallons. If you can find a measuring tape and get a for sure measurement it would clear up any doubt. Here's the calculator I use and have always found to be accurate

Aquarium Calculator - Unit Conversion Tables

Looks like a 50g custom to me, unless the hood and lighting is custom 40g breeders normally don't have a split hood... Maybe between a 45g tall?

I got the same results as Tamtam, using the given measurements it comes to 37.4026 gallons.

Back
Top Bottom