Aquarium Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hahaha! Hand pick snails....yeah, ok. I had hundreds and they spawned like crazy. I don't know how many times I have squished the eggs and hand picked them out. The best way is get assassin snails, a few. When they are done wiping out the others just remove them, way more easier. Trust Me, I have been there and successfully conquered pond snails and the ones that look like ice cream cones, lol

He can't use assassin because he has nerites

Sent from my SM-G930P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hahaha! Hand pick snails....yeah, ok. I had hundreds and they spawned like crazy. I don't know how many times I have squished the eggs and hand picked them out. The best way is get assassin snails, a few. When they are done wiping out the others just remove them, way more easier. Trust Me, I have been there and successfully conquered pond snails and the ones that look like ice cream cones, lol

Assassin snails look like ice cream cones, and yes you can hand pick I did it for 5 months like i said they will never go away doing it that way but he's in a predicament, he has nerites.. assassin snails eat nerites, he can't go with loaches because he has nerites and loaches eat all snails, he could countersink lettuce and pick off the nerites or re home the nerites until he gets the pest snails out.

Attachments

• 1471865634823.jpg
    1471865634823.jpg
    223.1 KB · Views: 55
Oh wait there's 2 different people posting in this thread, buckfins has nerites and only a few pest snails which in his case hand picking is the best option , inasser if you don't have loaches or other special snails you want to keep then yes assassin snails would be good, if you have a bigger tank like 55+ get 3 loaches either clown or yoyo, mind you clown loaches you will have to take back to your lfs cause they get huge 12"+, yoyo loaches get up to 6" , if you don't have that big of a tank assassin snails would be great but they will die after the pest snails are gone unless you breed pond snails in a smaller tank to feed them and at 3 dollars each that's a bit costly to just let them die, gl to you.

I have 2 assassin snails and they have wiped out hundreds of pest snails. I just actually saw one eat a snail moments ago for the first time. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1472595326.713480.jpgThats a snail in his clutches (the foot) and that's an empty he just finished off to the right. The empty shell is the first one I saw him eat, the one he's working on now he straight up stole right out from the other ones mouth.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom