Aquarium Temperature

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Matt_7689

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 10 gallon tank that I set up yesterday and have fish in (yes I know I needed to cycle, figured that out with two fish dieing). When I put them in, the water was 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Now I know that this is a good temperature for tropical fish as long as it dose not go any higher. I haven't turned on the heater yet because I don't want to cook my fish. I'm not sure what I should do as I don't want the temperature to drop too low that they die. The temperature has dropped to around 75 degrees. I know its okay as long as it is between 70-80 degrees. I'm not sure what I should do. Thanks for any advice.
Oh, and the heater's heat can be adjusted.

-Matthew

To start with, what kind of fish do you have? Different species have different preferences, although for many species it matters very little. That being said, dramatic swings in temperature may stress some species.

To start with, what kind of fish do you have? Different species have different preferences, although for many species it matters very little. That being said, dramatic swings in temperature may stress some species.

I currently have a tetra, a platty, and a fancy guppy. I had another tetra and another guppy but they died. :(

Back
Top Bottom