AquariumPlants.com.....Update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hforney

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently posted a message concerning AquariumPlants.com. Well, I received my order today. Right now I feel like a puppy with his tail between his legs. One of the items I ordered was dwarf hairgrass. The hairgrass I received was the same size and quality that I bought from my LFS but half the price. I also purchased a few other plants which were of superior quality. My CO2 tank was delivered and full of CO2. Where else online can you order a tank filled with CO2? Maybe I spoke out too soon, maybe I didn't? If AquariumPlants.com could provide a litte better automated shipping information it would probably save them and their customers some grief.

Would I order from AquariumPlants.com again. YES!!!!!!!!!

For better customer service use the AquariumPlants.com link on this forum. A great customer rep will resolve ever issue, even with his own impartial comments. I tip my hat to you!

My apology to anyone I offended.

Got to go put my plants in the tank and get the CO2 hooked up!

I will be posting a message on another board tomorrow, but I got to do my tank!!!!!!!!!!

My CO2 tank was delivered and full of CO2. Where else online can you order a tank filled with CO2? Maybe I spoke out too soon, maybe I didn't?

The reason why you wont find anywhere else online that sells full co2 tanks is because its illegal to do so. It is illegal to send full tanks of co2 due to the risk of them being punctured *contents under pressure* I used to play alot of paintball which uses co2 tanks and if you go to online stores they tell you up front that the tanks are sent empty due to the possible danger.

I was going to say the same thing, DaPony, since it is not necessarily illegal here but it is prohibitively expensive, because of the special transport that it would be required to receive - with insurance - and it would not make any sense to ship a full tank when you can fill it locally.

I am glad you are happy with your plants because, guess what, I just set up my own pressurized system and I am ready to get myself some RED plants!! Woo Hoo! Now I have another retailer to try out, because the only LFS in town that sells plants sells only low light hardy plants.

DaPony87 and TankGirl, I don't know about the legal part but my tank was shipped full of CO2 with yellow warning labels adhered to the package. It was also shipped by UPS with a warning label on the outside of the box clearly stating it was pressurized CO2. So I would have to say it is safe to ship. I really don't think a company would do something wrong just to make a couple dollars profit. Plus AquariumPlants.com actually served as the middle man to forward my order to a reputable gas supplier.

As a newbie, I really don't know what else to say except my ph went from a 8.2 to a 6.8 in no time. I just have to tweak the valves for a few days to get things on synch. Than I will be waiting for my plants to start pearling!

Just add light and stand back. Normally plants will start pearling within 1 to 3 hours of having strong light, but it depends on the species to determine how fast they start. When your plants use up the available nutrients in the tank (NO3, etc..), their pearling will reduce greatly and they will just stop growing.

Full CO2 tanks are absolutely legal to ship. We found it much better to have a company that does it everyday and is familiar with the markings, procedures and paperwork to do it for us and do it right. Besides, when we can have a filled tank sent to you for the same price or less than what most would pay for both separately, why not? It just makes it easier for everyone.

Thanks for clearing that up, opiesilver, and Welcome to AA! We are glad to have another plant source as a sponsor here.

I must say I am totally thrilled with my setup and my husband was very pleased with the transaction.

Excuse me while I sharpen my machete and try to go find my fish in there... :wink:

Its great to hear your experences hforney. We pride ourselves in researching each and every potental sponsor and only selecting those sponsors whom we feel uphold the goals of Aquarium Advice.

I had a simular experience although i live in the UK. i bought 3 plants of ebay and they cost me £7.50 inc. p&p. at my LFS charge £4 for any of there plants or 3 for £10 . but i found this website and for £8 i got over 20 plants and they deliver next day. I couldnt belive it when it arrived there were so many plants i ended up throwing some away. They are the best quality plants i have ever has and look fantastic. If you live in the UK then cheacheck this place

http://www.urmstonaquatics.com/plant-collection.html

opiesilver said:
When your plants use up the available nutrients in the tank (NO3, etc..), their pearling will reduce greatly and they will just stop growing.

Is there an all purpose all in 1 fertilizer I can order to replace the nutrients?

If you are dosing CO2, you need to be testing for nitrate, and you likely need to dose magnesium as well, not to mention iron, possibly phosphate. I use dry ferts as well as Tropica Master Grow, but lots of people swear by Plantex+B.

Check through some of the threads about ferts and you will get tons of info.

Unfortunately there is not an Do-It-All Fertilizer. If macro and micronutrients were combined some of them would react to eachother and for insoluable nutrients. That's why most people dose Nitrate-Potassium-Phosphates together and dose micronutrients seperately. I haven't had a chance to try CSM+B yet, still trying to finish my bottle of flourish comp.

I just started dosing using Edwards PPS system. Day 3 and counting. Significant increase in pearling, but i'm starting alittle bout with hair algae. Just curious how much Magnesium you dose Tankgirl.

Thanks for the info TankGirl. As a newbie there is just so much to do LOL. I should have studied chemistry a little more!

No one told you at the pet shop when you was buying your first fish that you would need to be a chemist, electrican, plumber, carpenter and general NUT to own an aquarium?

Geez. :lol: :wink: :D

HAHAHAHA!!!! This is too funny. I've been keeping fish and plants since 1979 and I sill feel like I have so much more to learn. I think you just need to be kind of obsessed.

Aquariumplants.com bad experience

I had a bad customer service experience with that company. In looking into their background, I found out I'm not alone receiving poor customer service. I found out that their membership was terminated last December by the Board of Directors of the Better Business Bureau for not following through on complaints and also unanswered complaint(s). The report also says that they are falsely claiming to be a member of the BBB. See the attached address for their report.

http://www.bbbnebraska.org/commonreport.html?bid=113002629

I'd love to help you out with your problem but you haven't given me much to work with here.

Pygmaeus, Unless you provide details as to what specificly your bad experence was we can only assume that this is yet another blatent attempt by an aquariumplant.com compeditor to run their name thru the mud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom