Aquascaping advice? Please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah I'm definitely excited about some crypts for my mid ground! And yes! It's undoubtedly true that I will eventually have a new tank :) some day. But yes once this is cycled it'll be well worth it.

So I moved my pennywort back behind my driftwood which is sunk now for the most part. Got a red sea co2 diffuser. Seems to work alright. I have it and a diy setup. Co2 says it's blue... But my plants are pearling. :) as you can see in the picture. My aponogeton is MASSIVE. It grows so fast and easy upkeep. I tied an anubia nana to my driftwood. It seems that I have a large amount of algae and my crypt parva is feeling the pain. :/ I don't know how to resolve this, but I had my nitrite spike today so i hope it's not long until I get some algae eaters in here (otos, bn pleco, maybe amanos? But the first 2 for sure)

Attachments

• image-3632417911.jpg
    image-3632417911.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 86
  • image-1826529987.jpg
    image-1826529987.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 90
  • image-3041598751.jpg
    image-3041598751.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 94
  • image-637580282.jpg
    image-637580282.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 101
  • image-1050627478.jpg
    image-1050627478.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 89
Very cool! Looks like diatoms to me...should get better in a few weeks.

Just a word of warning about the otos..they need a well established tank and even then can be hard to keep alive. I have some in my 37 gal and they've been very difficult for me to keep.

Ive still got more plants coming. But the algae is no big deal? I've heard Otos are very hard to keep... I want them so bad! Maybe I'll get them last. I think my first fish will be my bn pleco! Excited that my cycling is finally showing

Diatoms should wipe off with your finger. It seemed like it got worse for me if I left my lights on too long.

I love them as well...they are very cool little fish!

Yeah. I just scrub the algae off every once and a while. Try to keep my plants' leaves clean so they can photosynthesize with no obstructions! Fish hopefully in a week or so since I had my nitrite spike? Maybe longer? :/

Of course! Well hopefully Monday I'll have some new plants. Maybe a bit more room to fill up the foreground/midground. I'll update with pics when I get it situated

Your tank is looking great! Seeing all these beautiful planted tanks is making me so jealous.

Well thank you very much. It's always nice to hear something like that for reassurance. :) sometimes I look at other peoples tanks but then I realized I do like mine just as much!

Yeah and the guy is very pleasant to deal with. Just shoot him an email with the piece you're interested in and he will get back with you on shipping. Also be sure to tell him aquarium size... I wanted one piece but it would've been huge for my tank. He found a smaller similar piece and an accent piece. Looks much better!

Some new pictures of my tank with a few new plants. :) just ordered my new light so hoping to get these babies to grow. Also have a revised aquascape shown in my 10g. Let me know if you like!

Anyways, I put some sprigs of dwarf hair grass in both tanks and some narrow leaf micro sword? I think... And some glosso in my 10g because it has like 40w of cfl on it. :) haha. My new t5ho fixture for my 29g is only 48w but I hear t5 is a whole different ball park. Oh! Also have some dwarf four leaf clovers? I got these plants from a grab bag I got from bayleesfishees. Pretty good turn out. Between my girlfriend and I we used it all but the baby tears (non dwarf). Oh! Last but not least a picture my girlfriend painted me for our anniversary.

Its Bart! My betta!

Attachments

• image-72570022.jpg
    image-72570022.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 77
  • image-1692195871.jpg
    image-1692195871.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 78
  • image-3509450927.jpg
    image-3509450927.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 86
  • image-826143779.jpg
    image-826143779.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 78
  • image-1029152604.jpg
    image-1029152604.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 75
Looks good. I got my plants the same way. Could not have been happier when I opened the mystery box.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium

Haha thanks! It was the first picture she ever painted. :) I love my tank. Hope everything grows in well

Back
Top Bottom