Aquascaping layouts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ColBen112

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello about to start my Aquascaping I never seem to get my aquascapes just right. I have always used somewhat bigger rocks I was thinking about using a lot of smaller rocks this time I was just curious how your aquascapes look and what size of rocks and what not whether you glue them in place or what. Thanks

Hello about to start my Aquascaping I never seem to get my aquascapes just right. I have always used somewhat bigger rocks I was thinking about using a lot of smaller rocks this time I was just curious how your aquascapes look and what size of rocks and what not whether you glue them in place or what. Thanks

image-4164895418.jpg

Ideally you want to stack then together not to look like you dumped them in .
Making caves , tunnels to provide many hiding places .
I never glued mine but that I think depends what you are planning on stocking .
Research different species that you want eg: urchins can and will knock rocks over .
I hope this helped .

Attachments

• image-2547188997.jpg
    image-2547188997.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 139
  • image-581313268.jpg
    image-581313268.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 146
  • image-3707473985.jpg
    image-3707473985.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 175
I used a lot of larger rocks and built two columns. They have been added to a lot as I have gotten new corals and needed more area. I didn't glue them and have a pink urchin in the tank, he has never knocked anything other than corals over. Like previously stated do research on the fish you plan to keep.

Attachments

• image-3122243119.jpg
    image-3122243119.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 154
Great pics and aquascape!Another suggestion is search the web and more specifically utube for aquascaping ideas.As mentioned in the previous post, keep the type of fish you want to keep in mind when you aquascape because you don't want to have casualties because they caused a rock to fall on them.Also if you plan on a cuc or fish that dig put the rock down first before adding the sand this ensures they can't did dig under rock causing a shift in the rocks or again casualties.If I could do it again i would use both small and large rocks in my aquascape for variety and flexibility on size of caves and structure.i used JB Water Weld to hold my rocks together.Also you want the aquascape at least six in. away from the glass so that it makes it easier to clean.Good luck post pics when you are finished.:fish1:

Attachments

• My 45 gallon setup.jpg
    My 45 gallon setup.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 376
one more thing,if you don't want the rock directly on the glass use egg crate.

Here is a picture it's a 90 gallon tank I'm so lost witch direction I want to go with this I would like to kind o do a wall/ island look I think

Attachments

• image-2555287478.jpg
    image-2555287478.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 117
Back
Top Bottom