Aquascaping question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Huro

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi everyone,

So my question is this, when aquascaping most instructional information suggests using strips of plastic in various locations to retain the substrate over time (i.e. slopes etc.) so that your creation will last. I noticed though they never talk about the type of plastic that they use and as far as I can tell these are not premade/sold items. I need some advice on what to use to help hold the shape of my aquascape. Thanks

Hi!

I'd assume that any non-toxic plastic would be fine, but that is a total assumption. On the other hand you CAN buy substrate supports here:

TGM Aquatic Substrate Supports | The Green Machine

although they are from the UK.. I'm not repping for them, merely pointing out that it is possible to buy substrate supports. I'd suggesting using your favourite search engine to get what you need :)

Jim.

i would just use thin acrylic slabs or one of those thick clear plastic that you usually get when buying certain toys to support the structure of the aquascape.

The plastic place mats you get for a dining table are perfect to cut into whatever shape you need and stiff enough to hold shape and are cheap. OS.

Back
Top Bottom