Aquascaping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vinsgirl

Aquarium Advice Regular
The Aquascaping or planted aquarium bug bit me. I thought I'd try my hand at it. I have a 10g tank that I will start of with. Foundation beautiful piece of wood. Very hard very heavy. Boiling it today. Any ideas as to what plants more rocks? Substrate? Thanks

Sent from my Vodafone Smart Tab 3G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

One view of wood

Attachments

• 1475904573056.jpg
    1475904573056.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 73
Other view

Attachments

• 1475904621935.jpg
    1475904621935.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 74
Here is the other side of the wood

Attachments

• 1475904771583.jpg
    1475904771583.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 73
I run eco complete in my 10 and 20 scaped tanks. They don't hurt my Kuhli loaches or Cory's barbells. Also, that substrate allows for the waste and extra food to be turned into nutrients for your plants and looks quite cool.

Plants depend on lighting, co2, ferts.
Mine is low tech so I have crypt and it takes off and spreads like crazy, even without co2 and ferts. Wisteria does well in low tech. I can't keep it trimmed. I have a "Asian water fern" from petco and Java fern on driftwood, both have done well.

If it's low tech, stay away from swords. They will slowly die in your tank. I didn't know about them and bought one only for it to begin dying on me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I like that rock too. What a unique piece

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

As Steve said plants depend on the type of tank your setting up. A lot of carpet plants need co2. If your low tech Anubis and Java fern maybe Java moss if u want moss. Also a variety of crypts do well in low light. If u plan on going high tech your plants are unlimited but u will need to dose dry ferts to either PPS pro method or EI dosing and will need pressurised co2 to be successful!

Awesome piece of wood u have there!

+1 on the Eco complete. A great substrate for plants. Also the addition of root tabs will help greatly with any heavy rooted plants!

Look forward to seeing your progress ;)

30g planted, 90g Oscar tank

Back
Top Bottom