Aquatek Needle Valve is Very Touchy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha yah! Saving one tank at a time.. all across America:) it's just the line right into the reactor. Only issue would be pushing water out of the line when it fires up. Can't take that much?? I'll create a vertical slope where the tubing meets the reactor, that should stop the water from entering the tube to far..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You could put a check valve right before it goes into the reactor. I'm not really sure how far the water will come back up, what with the head pressure and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You could put a check valve right before it goes into the reactor. I'm not really sure how far the water will come back up, what with the head pressure and all.

I don't know man.. feel like it'd be one more potential leak. The bubble counter has a built in check valve..hmmm. what if I zip tied the bubble counter to reactor limiting amount of tubing needed to around 2"?!?! That should work...

Yeah I thought about that after I hit send.

Zip tying the bubble counter would probably work. Like I said, I'm not really sure how far the water would come back up, and judging by the amount of DIY reactors I've seen without a check valve nearby, you probably won't need to get crazy.

But there's always room for improvement, right?

Back
Top Bottom