aquatic dwarf frogs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smomus

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I really want to get one or 2 to put in my betta tank. It is a 10g divided for 2 male betta. My parameters have been consistent for around 2 Weeks. Is it still to new for frogs? do they like being in groups or alone? Any other tips anyone can give me?
Thank you!

They like having companions. I have two in my 20 gal and they're never apart. I used to have my betta in the tank with them and he never bothered them. They like to hide under things and seem to be nocturnal, at least mine are. I give them flakes and this gel stuff that has bloodworms in, it's called reptotreat bloodworms. The gel has extra nutrients in it for them. The bettas like it too. It sinks so its easier for them to get. As far as your tank still being to early for them, I'm not sure. My tank was already established before I got them.

Thank you for the reply! I ended up getting 4 of them, 2 for each side. They have seemed to do pretty well so far. At first one betta was curious, and wouldn't leave them alone but got over that after 5-10 minutes. I feed them some blood worms Thursday night and they loved them. I've got some bigger silk plants they like to climb on and hide under. From what I can tell they are adjusting well.

ForumRunner_20120505_085136.jpg

Back
Top Bottom