Aquaticlife Stand Light Fixtures vs Ceiling fixtures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mwilliams

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone have any experience with either of these Stand Light Fixtures or the fixtures that hang down from the ceiling?

I am not sure on the ones that hang down because of the ceiling being made up of Sheet Rock....

Which of the two is the best?

Attachments

• Aquaticlife Stand Light Fixtur Hangers.jpeg
    Aquaticlife Stand Light Fixtur Hangers.jpeg
    19.2 KB · Views: 188
I haven't used either fixture, but don't be afraid of the ceiling mounted fixtures. All you'd have to do is either anchor them directly to the rafters or anchor a board to the rafters and your light to the board.

I don't think we have rafters in the ceilings we live in an apartment complex. I have yet decided on which one but it will be one of the two listed below but the price will be the deciding factor:

AquaticLife:
G12HID Light Fixture 72 in
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Product (Light without frame mounts)
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]71.3 x 15.4 x 6.2 in / 181.11 x 39.12 x 15.75 cm
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]49.25 lbs / 22.34 kg [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial][/FONT][/FONT]
OR

AquaticLife:
T5 HO 12 Lamp Light Fixture 72 in
Product (Light without frame mounts)
▪ 72.1 x 13.9 x 3.6 in / 183.2 x 35.2 x 9.2 cm
▪ 27.5 lbs /12.5 kg
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

The sheet rock has to be attached to something. If it's not wooden rafters, it's probably concrete. Either way, you could attach to the ceiling.

Those are pretty potent lights. Reef tank?

I just started recently adding in different types of Corals to my 55g tank that has FOWLR in it and the tank that I will be getting not sure when will be 180G. 72x24x24 Reef Ready so I am getting all the small stuff first before I get the Tank in. Pocket book can only handle a little bit at a time.

Back
Top Bottom