Aqueon Metal Forge Stand 29g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MapleNeil

Aquarium Advice Regular
"Upgraded" to a real aquarium stand, the Aqueon metal forge 12x30 aquarium stand. This was because I was worried about having the 29g on a horizontal IKEA Kallax 1x4 unit since it wasn't designed for that.

Well, this new stand wobbles side to side really badly! It came in a box and you just fit the pieces together. There are a few screws for some angle brackets but otherwise it all just snaps together.

I dont know what to do now.after all the stress on the fish taking them out and putting them in buckets while emptying and moving the aquarium, and it's so unstable. *sigh*

I got this metal stand because all the "wood" stands were actually particleboard.

Is it okay for it to wobble when you touch it? I'm considering attaching it to the wall so it can't wobble.

Nope. An aquarium stand should not wobble at all! Having said that. I was given an aqueon particle board stand that sits under my 29 gal reef tank. It wobbles side to side. I hold it while I scrape the glass. If it were not an intricately placed reef structure I would have drained the tank and junked the stand, unneeded worry. I build my own stands, I was a fool for using this one.

"Upgraded" to a real aquarium stand, the Aqueon metal forge 12x30 aquarium stand. This was because I was worried about having the 29g on a horizontal IKEA Kallax 1x4 unit since it wasn't designed for that.

Well, this new stand wobbles side to side really badly! It came in a box and you just fit the pieces together. There are a few screws for some angle brackets but otherwise it all just snaps together.

I dont know what to do now.after all the stress on the fish taking them out and putting them in buckets while emptying and moving the aquarium, and it's so unstable. *sigh*

I got this metal stand because all the "wood" stands were actually particleboard.

Is it okay for it to wobble when you touch it? I'm considering attaching it to the wall so it can't wobble.

Assuming the Kallax is big enough to fit under the aquarium, I'd put it back on that.
My old tank was 55Gal on a Kallax, and it was more than strong enough.

Back
Top Bottom