Aqueon Pro heaters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reygan2

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi! I'm looking for opinions of anyone who has any experience with Aqueon Pro heaters. I've heard from some that they are great, but I bought the 50watt for my new 10g and the light stopped working. So I returned it and bought the 100watt. They are kind of pricey...are they worth it?

I had the same issue with my first Aqueon Heater. Non working light so I returned and got a replacement .... it's been about a year ... so far so good!

I am using about 6 or 7 of them now and really like them. They are rugged too so my fish can't break them. I wouldnt hesitate to get another if need be, :)

They are the only heater I use. I upgraded from Marineland. My only concern is they are the same basic construction as the Stealth heaters that had habit of exploding. So far I have had good results with them.

Great news! Money well spent. I bought the 150 for one of my 29g's too, I just haven't had the time to install it. I'm thinking of the best way to switch it out with the one that's in there now without a significant temp fluctuation.

Put the new one in for 15 to 20 minutes. Turn the temp to the same settings as the old one and let it rest for an hour. Then turn off the old one for 15 to 20 minutes and then take it out.

I've got an Aqueon Pro 150 in my 29g as well.... love it. (y)

Same as with filtration, I'd recommend a heater one step larger for your tank than what the packaging calls for. You'll be thankful if/when you get ich and have to get the temp up.

Back
Top Bottom