Aqueon water Changer pressure leak.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patrickriley2010

Aquarium Advice Addict
So when I'm filling my tank and I need the water to stop I can't twist the knob by the intake or else it blows water through out of the tubing. I have it on ad firm and tight as it will go.

I don't get how this works say in filling my tank and holy cow I'm almost to the top I have to sprint to my bathroom and shut the water off?

When they designed this how did they over look a pressure release so once the pressure gets to hard it opens a valve to prevent such leakage.

You may have seen my post the other day about how it burst off and soaked my living room.

Suggestions ,advice , similar issues, solutions ?

Anyone ?

When I am using mine, I just shut the water off when the tank is full. Not because I have had a problem with back pressure causing a leak, but because I'm afraid it will eventually. When I was a kid, my Dad had a water changer, don't know what brand, but it leaked like crazy from all the connections the whole time it was being used. We used old socks to tie around the connections to absorb the water, lol. I don't want that to happen to my Aqueon!!

When I am using mine, I just shut the water off when the tank is full. Not because I have had a problem with back pressure causing a leak, but because I'm afraid it will eventually. When I was a kid, my Dad had a water changer, don't know what brand, but it leaked like crazy from all the connections the whole time it was being used. We used old socks to tie around the connections to absorb the water, lol. I don't want that to happen to my Aqueon!!

Haha ya well I mean its literally a 25 foot walk to shut it off and at that point I could flood if I waited or if I shut off to early I ill have to fill it up with a pitcher

I just use a set of gripper clamps at the tank to hold the water line in place. When its almost full I can walk away to the faucet and then turn it off. But I always make sure that line at the tank is secured with the clamp before walking away.

I just use a set of gripper clamps at the tank to hold the water line in place. When its almost full I can walk away to the faucet and then turn it off. But I always make sure that line at the tank is secured with the clamp before walking away.

That's not really my problem

That's not really my problem

Understood. But my point is that with the absence of a pressure relief, it only takes a few seconds to walk to the faucet to turn the water off. Unless you fill completely to the rim, I can't imagine the few seconds is going to cause an overflow.

Understood. But my point is that with the absence of a pressure relief, it only takes a few seconds to walk to the faucet to turn the water off. Unless you fill completely to the rim, I can't imagine the few seconds is going to cause an overflow.

I know but it sucks shutting it off before its 100% full

I know but it sucks shutting it off before its 100% full

I assume then you fill to the rim. Can't help you then. Sorry.

I usually leave 1/2 inch from the top. But that's just me. That allows me to reach into the tank and move things if needed without having to remove water or have spill over the sides.

Anyway, good luck.

I assume then you fill to the rim. Can't help you then. Sorry.

I usually leave 1/2 inch from the top. But that's just me. That allows me to reach into the tank and move things if needed without having to remove water or have spill over the sides.

Anyway, good luck.

If I don't my filters make a ton of bubbles :/ they still make bubbles even when underwater

Back
Top Bottom