Aqueon water Changer!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Codyhp91

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm about to by an Aqueon Aquarium Water Changer. But the water from the tap is too unpredictable to put directly into my tank. So I am trying to think of a way to prepare the water ahead of time and find a way to create suction from the water can (20 gallon trash can) to the tank... Any ideas? or any better plans?

What exactly do you mean by unpredictable?

All you need is a small pump and tubing. Put the pump in the can, put the end of the tubing in the tank, turn on, and the water will be pumped into the tank.

I bought the aqueon water changer and am really not happy with it. The plastic knobs are cheaply made and prone to failure.

+1 on using a water pump in a trash can.

Ive had the aqueon for 2 years now no problem. I did pick up a metal adapter at the hardware store tho

The python has the same plastic parts. I've been using my Aqueon for a couple years without problems but honestly for what any of the water changers cost you would think they could use something other than plastic!

I used to have a Python and Aqueon - pretty much the same IME. For a while I used an Aquaclear powerhead with a length of hose from the water changer forced over the cone to pipe water into the tank for WCs from my 50g trash can.

The whole reason for the trash can was to 'de-gas' my water (extremely high PH straight out of the tap due to the local water treatment) but eventually I found that I could just put water straight in from the tap using Prime with no ill effects.

Back
Top Bottom