Are bathroom/kitchen cabinets strong enough?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
did anyone else see that show where someone built a huge aquaruim into their walkout basement wall, but when you looked through the aquarium, it looked into their pool!

one day...

(sorry for the off topic, but it was a sweet tank/mini ocean)

That is awesome! of course if i had it i would drown, because i would get in the pool and just stare at the fish and then forget and die. Or better yet, imagine your friends getting in the pool and seeing a moray eel or something five feet away. If only i had the money...

so amazingly far off topic...moderators, can you remove the "urgent" from the topic title, since the question that I want answered has been? Thanks!!

SO.... I have a question. I bought 2 cabinet things from office max to use as a stand for my new 60 gal. i put water in it and it seems to hold. no fish yet. still working on cycling it. Should I get something more purpose built? Or should I be ok with the cabinets? I would really hate to have a few inches of water and a busted tank on my living room floor.

60 Gallons of water is 500lbs, plus the tank, plus the substrate (gravel, whatever), plus the equipment, adds up to probably a minimum of 550 lbs.

Personally, I would not trust that weight to anything that doesn't specifically say it can carry the load.

HHmmmm.. the load max on the package said 200lbs for the top surface.. and i have 2.. so maybe i will go to the home depot for some extra support pieces. thanks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom