Are dwarf gouramis agressive?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rickyg78

Aquarium Advice Regular
i bought two otos the other day and cant find a oto. i took everything out and no look. The lady at petsmart said it couldve been eaten by the gourami

i bought two otos the other day and cant find a oto. i took everything out and no look. The lady at petsmart said it couldve been eaten by the gourami

Maybe... That is strange usually there is a body part or two...

The only way it would have eaten on it is if it was dead. Plus there would still be the hard unedible parts of it left. What type of gourami do you have?

They can't fit in there mouth. Highly unlikely.. Did you look under your filter, the little lip that hangs into the water. Mine was hiding there a few times as I was freakin out lol. I have quite a few Gouramis and they really aren't aggressive..

I had about 8 gouramis in a community tank when I wasnt knowledgeable on aquaria, and it killed lots of my platies...but I also had a few otos in there and they were always hiding. Dont freak out they just pop out of nowhere and go back to hiding :)

No way they would have eaten them, the gouramis can sometimes be a little nippy but never predatory. They are hiding somewhere or got eaten by the filter

They can't fit in there mouth. Highly unlikely.. Did you look under your filter, the little lip that hangs into the water. Mine was hiding there a few times as I was freakin out lol. I have quite a few Gouramis and they really aren't aggressive..

I agree with you.....I have three, opaline, gold, and three spotted, in the same tank as my eight tiger barbs andthey just are not aggressive...they play then go to their claimed corners of the tank.......

Back
Top Bottom