Are kribs livebarers or egg layers.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bourt79

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Are kribs (this is what I've been told she is, is that right?) bearers or egg layers? She came with some other fish when I bought this tank.

image-2215259469.jpg
This is one of my females that is part of one of my two breeding pairs ( man previous had babies)

image-2931448354.jpg
She has become very dark ( usually she has a lighter band around her stomach ) and she hanging round the bottom of the tank.

image-2787254790.jpg
Hard to get a clear picture of her belly as she is hiding most of the time now where as she was out before.

image-1512933652.jpg
This is where she is hiding now and chasing everything away. She also keeps ( shuddering) her whole body.

Kribs are egg layers. They like a cave-like structure to lay the eggs and raise and take care of the young. A small broken flower pot half or a pile of slate formed into a cave works. She is very pretty and looks in prime condition. Give her a boyfriend and they will spawn pretty quickly.

She already has a boyfriend who now they are circling around each other and both of them keep shaking their body's then moving a bit lol.

Back
Top Bottom