Are my endler guppys pregnant !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spooney 94

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello can any one tell me if my guppys are pregnant and if so how long till they pop !!
Many thanks !

Attachments

• image-3579534870.jpg
    image-3579534870.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 115
  • image-3898188887.jpg
    image-3898188887.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 105
  • image-780476600.jpg
    image-780476600.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 112
  • image-1487674376.jpg
    image-1487674376.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 111
the two in the 2nd pic look to be in early stages, they should swell alot bigger before they drop

While I'm not familiar with endlers it's safe say yes but still some time away before they drop. Make sure they are fed well (nutrition wise) and I would pull that one out of the breeders box. (I'm thinking there's only one in the second pic and wearer seeing a reflection right?)

While I'm not familiar with endlers it's safe say yes but still some time away before they drop. Make sure they are fed well (nutrition wise) and I would pull that one out of the breeders box. (I'm thinking there's only one in the second pic and wearer seeing a reflection right?)

hahaha very right! I must have been way too tired last night xD

seems to be only one female guppy pic that you've put up, the first and third pics look like males to me...

Well the endler guppys are colored ad the females are all the same !

Sorry that made no sense I ment the male endler guppys are coloured and the female are not and look the same !

sure, same as mine, however in the pics I cannot see the gravid spot that is present on the females guppies at the back of their stomach

sure, same as mine, however in the pics I cannot see the gravid spot that is present on the females guppies at the back of their stomach

Correct me if I'm wrong. I thought gravid spot is usually present only when they're pregnant

my juviie have shown them since birth, after, and before giving birth, unless they stock in their sperm ducts from birth... but i dont think so

Wiggles there is only endlers in there is this a problem ?

Oh no but if they are TRUE endlers, that is, not crossed with guppies they don't eat their young, I started out with 6 endlers about 5 months ago I now easily have 200, they breed like mad!

Yes they are true endlers !! And they have just Started giving birth now how long do they take to pop all the babies out ?? X

Perhaps the angle of the pic doesn't show the gravid spot

possible, hence why I didnt just say "those are males not female"

Spooney, it can take anywhere from a day to a month for them to drop every baby, I think, at risk of being rippped again

Sean when do you think I should let her out of the breeding trap ? Thanks !

well, personally I dont like them, tried it for two guppies and it killed them both, i gave up and now i have double layer of fake hobby grass tied together on the bottom, and they disappear in that, if its true about the endlers, i would release them all now, otherwise if your female looks to be going okay, you may be able to wait a little while, 24 hr or so, but I'm just taking a stab, because as I said I don't use them, a good hiding place for your fry is much healthier alternative IMO.

and of course, congratulations on the guppy dropping, i thought she was ages off! :)

Back
Top Bottom