are peacock fern really nonaquatic? because...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

liberator123

Aquarium Advice Activist
I did an experiment. I bought one peacock from tube from petco (i know dumb mistake without doing research...) and I placed it in my aquarium. THEN i did research about it, and found out it is not an aquatic plant, however it was two days inside the aquarium and it looked fine. So I removed it and decided to put it in a pot for plants (with soil). It shriveled up within a day! Became fragile compared to how it was when I first got it. Do you know how aquatic plants turn out when its removed from water for too long? yeah like that.
Then I thought, maybe it was because it was submerged in water for too long. So, I decided to buy another one of the tubes from petco... removed it from the gel, planted it in a pot... same results! picture below is how it turned out after one night. Im thinking either A) Im doing something wrong or B) petco somehow breeds the peacock fern to make it an aquatic plant. Btw, I looked up pictures on how peacock ferns look like, it has bluish hue on them. All the peacock ferns Ive seen in videos in aquariums and in petco are all smaller, different shaped, and only green.:huh::huh::huh:

Attachments

• IMG_0499.jpg
    IMG_0499.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 108
they are "semi aquatic" and need to be in a terrarium with high humidity to not shrivel up. it will take quite a bit longer than two days, to die when its submerged

Back
Top Bottom