Are theese Amazon Sword plantlets ready?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MMantelli

Aquarium Advice Addict
Like the title says, are theese ready to be snipped off and planted yet?

ForumRunner_20130625_221453.jpg

If that pics not good enough I can get a short video that's better quality.

They look good to go to me. I just recently ordered some and I got them about that size.

Now just to figure out what to do with them. I'll snip them off this weekend then with the rest of my trimmings. I wander what a decent price to sell them is. $2 ea sounds good what do you think?

Yeah I see a lot of people selling amazon sword runners for $2.50. Idk if you're familiar with Dustin from aquatic jungles but I bought a few for $2.95 from him.

If they have roots on them they are ready to go. I'd probably sell them for 1.50 or so personally. 6-8" plants are usually $3 give or take. Dustin isn't a good reference on pricing because nearly all of his stuff is extremely overpriced imo.

If they have roots on them they are ready to go. I'd probably sell them for 1.50 or so personally. 6-8" plants are usually $3 give or take. Dustin isn't a good reference on pricing because nearly all of his stuff is extremely overpriced imo.

Yeah I agree he has some expensive stuff. Very high quality though. Stem plants with ROOTS haha.

I have bought stem plants from Petco, and they have roots on them. I don't think its that hard for stem plants to grow roots. I do love Dustins youtube channel though, I just don't buy from aquatic jungles either because I also think it's overpriced.

Yeah I agree he has some expensive stuff. Very high quality though. Stem plants with ROOTS haha.

Most plant bunches have roots on them unless they are just cut, it only takes a few days to form them. It's not any different than ordering from any other place, they are all getting their stuff from the same handful of suppliers. The only big difference is you end up paying 2-3x more than any other place charges.

My lfs and some other places online sell stem plants in bunches with barely any roots. I know stem plants grow roots, it's just that a lot of times they're sold in bunches of just leafy stems with no roots. In other plants of his the roots are giant too. I think it's the dirt. It really helps the plants get a jump start. Expensive though lol.

Most plant bunches have roots on them unless they are just cut, it only takes a few days to form them. It's not any different than ordering from any other place, they are all getting their stuff from the same handful of suppliers. The only big difference is you end up paying 2-3x more than any other place charges.

And that's why I buy from peabodys :D great plants, great prices and awesome customer service. Yes some of the plants come from a supplier but they are rehabilitated propogated and grown up to better portions there. Am I correct.

Peabodysparadise.com he also sometimes lists stuff for sale on here. They have great customer service if they don't have what you want in stock I'm sure he can get it.

Back
Top Bottom