Are these anemones bad??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sdaccord03

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've snapped a couple pics of some anemones. I'd like to know if they are bad or not. Here are the pics.

JW

Attachments

• imgp0630.jpg
    imgp0630.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 199
  • imgp0632.jpg
    imgp0632.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 129
You can use Joe's Juice. Everyone seems to like that alternative if adding peppermint shrimp is not an option (non-reef safe tank). Personally, I'd go for the peps. They add more life to your tank (even though they only sway back and forth all day, lol) HTH!

I believe aiptasia is actually good for the tank as far as water quality is concerned. I know some people who harvest aiptasia in their refugiums. I believe aiptasia is an excellent filter feeder and will help control nutrients in the water(phosphate, silicates, nitrates). However, aiptasia can be a pest in the main display because it spreads like wild fire and packs a powerful sting. Someone who is more knowledgeable than me may be able to comment. HTH

Anthony Calfo talks about using aiptasia for nutrient export in his book "Book of Coral Propagation, Volume One" Like ZoozFishMaster said, they can be used in a beneficial manner. But it sounds like sdaccord03's are in the main tank and I imagine he/she will probably be happier if they were gone.

Thanks for confirming that bound :D If they were in my main display, I would want them gone too!

Back
Top Bottom