Are these compatible

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have had the 100 litre tank since december.

But...........

It was really dirty so i complety cleaned it out took all the gravel out and cleaned it then put in all new fresh water.
About 2 weeks ago.
Still the same filter though...

Also the smaller fish tank has been set up since 3rd march.

Fishy Aston said:
I have had the 100 litre tank since december.

But...........

It was really dirty so i complety cleaned it out took all the gravel out and cleaned it then put in all new fresh water.
About 2 weeks ago.
Still the same filter though...

Also the smaller fish tank has been set up since 3rd march.

No probably not, the 100L could have been cycled but isn't now from the huge cleaning. The smaller one won't be.
Can you please tell us exactly how many fish and exactly what kinds they are?
What are the parameters on the two tanks now?
Can you please measure and post the sizes of the tanks?
WE ARE TRYING TO HELP BUT NEED MORE INFO!

On another subject your large tank looks fantastic

Fishy Aston said:
Hello

I keep buying more decorations for the tanks so they look perfect , but now i am ready to start to add my fish.

I have done a bit of research on them all.

Are all these fish ok together?

BIG TANK

Orange Molly's x3 ( 2 Female )
Albino Corydoras x6
Dwarf Pleco x1
Silver Sharks x3
Royal Pleco x1
Angelfish x2
Dawani Catfish x3
Black Neon x8

SMALL TANK

Red Platys x4
African Dwarf Frog x2
Butterfly Pleco x1
Guppies x5
Neon Tetras x10
Netrite Snail x1
Apple Golden Snail x1
Silver Dollars x2
Clown Loaches x3

All of these fish are small to medium.

So they are not big clown loaches.
They are baby ones.

Thanks for reading. :)
:thanks:

Silver Sharks aka Bala Sharks reach about a foot and are fast nervous fish. Tank size ? At least 5-6 feet long. They also are jumpers so they need a tight lid. I personally know they tend to kill themselves in small tanks as babies. They hit the sides if they get scared. BIG tank or pond.

Royal Pleco up to 17". BIG tank needed. Does not like other Plecos and may not tolerate other bottom dwellers.

I've never heard of a Dawani Catfish. What is the Latin name ??

Angels I think need at least 40-50 gallons.

Butterfly Plecos "Strong water current is appreciated and high levels of oxygen are necessary in the aquarium.". Gets up to 6" so not huge but needs some room. Not a small tank species !

Why the heck would you shove Silver Dollars in a small tank ??? They get big fast. 8" depending on exact species. Need at least a 4' tank. They also eat live plants.

So not a good stocking list at all. Sorry, try again.

I have pictures on page 2.

Thanks

Also the big tank

has 2 silver sharks
1 angelfish
1 molly

small tank:

2 silver dollars
5 neon tetras

also yes i know silver dollars eat live plants , i just replace them every otherweek after they have nibbled them down to the stems.

Its good for them though right?

On another subject your large tank looks fantastic

Thanks

It is almost finished now.

Just need this last decoration i have seen.

Also i am buying a background for the smaller fish tank very soon.

Which should make it look a bit better.

Just read the article thanks mumma.

I have everything it says also it was interesting about the sand/gravel beinfits.

Fishy Aston said:
Just read the article thanks mumma.

I have everything it says also it was interesting about the sand/gravel beinfits.

You have everything needed but do you fully understand cycling? And the importance of stocking correctly? You really need to listen to what everyone is saying. Your dollars and balas need to be rehomed ASAP. They won't last long in those sized tanks. 100L is a small tank for the fish you have.

Honestly, nothing. I know that's not the answer your wanting but until you sort out your current stock and make sure those tanks are cycled they aren't good enough environments for new fish.

If your tank had 8ppm of ammonia then you did water changes to bring it down and now it's reading 0, the tanks not cycled.

Fishy Aston said:
I have pictures on page 2.

Thanks

Also the big tank

has 2 silver sharks
1 angelfish
1 molly

small tank:

2 silver dollars
5 neon tetras

also yes i know silver dollars eat live plants , i just replace them every otherweek after they have nibbled them down to the stems.

Its good for them though right?

I fed ours Zucchini, Spinach and Romaine. Algae wafers or flakes also. Anacharis is fine. But veggies and greens are good also.

You need to move the Silver Dollars soon.

Did you say you are getting a 110 liter tank ?
That's only 29g.

My advice :
Rehome your Sharks and Silver Dollars at least. They grow big fast and will stunt and die in such small tanks. Your Angels may deal with a 29 but they may get aggressive in such a small tank. They have such tall fins I'd get them at least a 55g if it was me.

Be wise and kind to your fish.
Stop buying large fish even as tiny babies. Buy fish that can thrive in your size tanks. There are many species that are moderate sized and won't
Outgrow their tank.

I don't really think you're grasping what mumma is telling you. Either that, or for some reason you're ignoring it. All of the things we are telling you are very important. Your fish are not compatible and we aren't sure if those tanks are cycled or healthy. Please tell us what your water parameters are now

Ok so which is it?

This one:
I have one 2ft tank which holds 100 litre's
And another one which i am not sure but about 40 litres'.
I have been keeping fish just over 3 months.
And i have been keeping my smaller fish tank for a month!
Big Fish Tank:
3 Bala Sharks
1 Dwarf Pleco
1 male molly
1 angelfish
1 apple golden snail
------------
small tank:
2 silver dollars
5 neon tetras
4 clown loaches - being moved to the bigger fish tank
1 bristle nose plec
I am trying to decorate them at the moment so i havent been able to replace the ones which have died. I am 13 years old so I have to save up.
Have a long list of decorations and stuff i need to get first before i go buying fish.

or this:

Hello
I keep buying more decorations for the tanks so they look perfect , but now i am ready to start to add my fish

I have done a bit of research on them all.

Are all these fish ok together

BIG TANK

Orange Molly's x3 ( 2 Female )
Albino Corydoras x6
Dwarf Pleco x1
Silver Sharks x3
Royal Pleco x1
Angelfish x2
Dawani Catfish x3
Black Neon x8

SMALL TANK
Red Platys x4
African Dwarf Frog x2
Butterfly Pleco x1
Guppies x5
Neon Tetras x10
Netrite Snail x1
Apple Golden Snail x1
Silver Dollars x2
Clown Loaches x3

All of these fish are small to medium
So they are not big clown loaches.
They are baby ones.

And you've given me yet another stocking list in your PM to me. I was also under the impression you already have all of these fish, at least that's what you mentioned in your PM.

We can help, if you're open to it, but please be honest with us. :)

Back
Top Bottom