Are these eggs? On aquarium plant leaves. Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Womandi

Aquarium Advice Newbie
We have a 37g tropical tank. Have 5 red eyes, and 2 small white albino catfish, one huge pleco, and a zigzag eel. Had this tank for aboy7 years, and have never seen these white things. Feed the zigzag bloodworms and brine shrimp 2x's/wk.

Let me add that our plants are usually healthy, but now they have a bunch of holes and quite a few leaves have turned yellow or brown.

I hope I've provided enough info. If not, please ask for more. Here's some pics. (I take that back - don't see where or how to add them . On my iPhone)

Thanks so much. - Diane

Last edited:
On your iPhone when you are commenting you should see a camera icon next to a pictured icon. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1434593794.422892.jpg

Nope, no camera icon (I'm a pro at that stuff). Do I need an app maybe? I'm in Safari right now.

Aha. Got it. Now I see! Here's the pic! ?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1434639216.858079.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I am guessing by the small white albino catfish that you mean cory catfish. If they are then those are the eggs from them. Lucky that you ended up with a pair. The eggs will most likely be covered in fungus soon unless you add Methylene Blue to the water and an air stone to keep them moving. This is best done in a separate tank because the methylene Blue turns everything blue. Look up Cory catfish eggs and see if they look like yours.

Awesome, thanks for the informative info. ? as of this morning, the eggs seem to have shrunk...? And almost disappeared. But at least next time we'll know.

Any idea why our plant leaves are looking yellow and brown with holes in them?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1434655064.559053.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Wow! Exciting though. Fingers crossed for successful spawning next time. :)

Just a FYI that zig zag eel (close cousin the peacock eel) will outgrow the tank. They can get around 12 inches long and IMO need at least a 4ft 55g.

What species is the pleco? How many inches is defining huge?

Clip the leaves of the dying plant leaves. They are just soaking up valuable nutrients the healthy leaves need.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom