Are these eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SirCastic

Aquarium Advice Regular
Those look like nerite or rabbit snail eggs to me. Do you have any snails in your tank? Usually pleco or cichlid eggs will be more round and all deposited close together, not spread out that much. Nerite snails can lay eggs in freshwater, but the eggs only hatch in brackish or salt water. The eggs don't harm anything, but you can remove them by scraping them off with a razor blade or other sharp object.

I am not an expert, but they look like what I woke up to this morning! Mine are nerita snail eggs, but they will not hatch because they only really breed in brackish water. Do you have any snails? I am sure someone will be able to give you a better idea, but I just wanted to get you rolling!

I do have a snail but there is only one in the tank how could it breed? Anyway what should i do with the eggs?

I do have a snail but there is only one in the tank how could it breed? Anyway what should i do with the eggs?

Morning Sir! Apparently they can lay eggs when ever they want. I have no idea about the breeding habits of snails other than the nirita do not breed in FW. They do like laying eggs!! I just scrapped a couple hundred off in my tank! Don't worry about the eggs. They will dissolve eventually. I just knock them off and don't worry about them. A few of the experts (very well versed in FW) told me about them and that is what they do! PM me anytime and I will get the answers for you or send you to a great person who will tell you what is going on!!

Back
Top Bottom