Are these foods okay?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NinjaTetra

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am setting up a tank soon,planted 40 gallons with 8-12tetras (probably black neon tetras but maybe cardinals), 2 pearl gouramis, 7 corys(leaning towards peppered but may change my mind and get 15 pygmys), 6 marbled hatchetfish, and maybe a clown pleco or some ottos eventually, depending on how algae goes. I still am waiting on the stand, but once its done ill set it up and use a bacteria supplement and some black neon tetras to cycle it for 2 weeks (first week no fish, second week with fish). I have Aqueon tropical flakes that came with a differen. Aquarium, top fin freeze dried red shrimp, and aqueon bottom feeder tablets. I was wondering if the i gredients for these r good though. My feeding shedule will b flakes and bottom feeder tablets one day, red shrimp the next. The flakes first ingredients r- whole fish meal from herring and salmon, wheat flour(this was the only one i could find where potatos or wheat wasnt the first i gredient), soybean meal, dried krill, and dried yeast. For the tablets, they r about 1/3 of an inch across, and contain whole fish meal from herring only, alfalfa meal, wheat flour, shrimp meal, whole dried krill, soybean meal, and kelp meal. The shrimp contain, well, freese dried red shrimp and are not for human consumption. I didnt say the vitamins and minerals in the foods, or the fact that in both aqueon products garlic and spinach r the twelfth and 13th ingredients..... Is this food okay for the fish? My black neon ttras seem to enjoy the shrimp and flakes ive gave them(they are in a ten gallon atm). Also, why is almost everything a meal? I mean like shrimp meal or soybeN meal.

Yeah, those foods seem good. It would be good to treat them to a live or frozen meal every now and then, but freeze dried is good too.

BTW, "meal", in that case, refers to a ground up powder sort of thing, like corn meal.

Okay thx for clearing that up. I read some things on keeping up a liv brine shrimp farm, and some other little crustaceans i cant think of atm. That would be a bit of a hassle, and I don't know anywhere i could buy live worms or shrimp. Petsmart has live wingless fruitflies tho. Are thise ok for fish? The only frozen fish food at the lfs is bloodworms, and they r extremely overpriced by my standards.

Okay thx for clearing that up. I read some things on keeping up a liv brine shrimp farm, and some other little crustaceans i cant think of atm. That would be a bit of a hassle, and I don't know anywhere i could buy live worms or shrimp. Petsmart has live wingless fruitflies tho. Are thise ok for fish? The only frozen fish food at the lfs is bloodworms, and they r extremely overpriced by my standards.

Well, you don't need live, but frozen or freeze dried is definitely helpful. Also, bloodworms last FFFFOOOORRRREEEEVVVVEEERRRRR, so even if they're expensive they are definitely worth it. A small package could last you a year on twice weekly feeding a.

Back
Top Bottom