are these plants rare?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman888888

Aquarium Advice Freak
Micranthemum umbrosom

Ammania sp. Bonsai/ true rotala indica

Ludwigia simpsonii x repens

Got these plants plus multiple other ones for $10 :D
Gotta love fish forums!

I was told they are rare... is that true?

Ammania bonsai is not rare at all.

Not sure on the others

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I heard there is no true rotala indica, and it is CERTAINLY not a synonym for ammania bonsai. Good find though.

Never heard of the first one, the ludwigia is probably fairly rare, there are many varieties.

Micranthemum umbrosom

Ammania sp. Bonsai/ true rotala indica

Ludwigia simpsonii x repens

Got these plants plus multiple other ones for $10 :D
Gotta love fish forums!

I was told they are rare... is that true?

Micranthemum umbrosom is quite commonly seen in aquariums in my part of the world.

Don't know about R. Indica, but Ammania B. is usually sold as both - Ammania B. and R. Indica. You order any one, and this is what you get. Below is a pic from the www. So I'd be tempted to say it is a synonym

Ludwigia simpsonii x repens - Seen different varieties of Ludwigia species. But never was too fond of them, so wouldn't remember if I'd come across this in particular.

Attachments

• 5274231604_04e93e0727_z.jpg
    5274231604_04e93e0727_z.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 106
When you order rotala indica from a store or supplier you get rotala rotundifolia. I don't know if true rotala indica and ammania sp bonsai are the same species, but they look the same to me (I haven't really compared though).

Rotala rotundifolia gets called rotala indica because the emersed form has small round leaves like true rotala indica.

Micranthemum umbrosum grows wild here in all the ditches, this was a handful I grabbed outside of a restaurant.

Attachments

• babyt.jpg
    babyt.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 101
Back
Top Bottom