Are these Pyramidellid snails?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheChad

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey All,

Are these Pyramidellid snails? or Baby Cerith Snails or Something else?

Thanks,

-TheChad

Attachments

• 100_2429.JPG
    100_2429.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 255
  • 100_2427.JPG
    100_2427.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 259
  • 100_2426.JPG
    100_2426.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 359
  • 100_2425.JPG
    100_2425.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 189
I don't know, but for me if I did not add it myself it is usually the bad one.

Kind of hard to say with snails. I've got 1000's of snails that I didn't put in my tank but were born there.

Snails make babies, lots of babies!

-TheChad

they do resemble pyramid snails. what is that they are attached to?
do you see any attached to another snail or clam?

they do resemble pyramid snails. what is that they are attached to?
do you see any attached to another snail or clam?

I don't have a clam. I've tried 2 times to have a clam and every time I get one, I put it in my tank and it opens about 1/4 of the way and that's it. Eventually it dies. Last time I bought one it did the same thing, I took it back to the LFS and within a minute of putting it back in their tank it was 100% open.

When I had them in my tank, I never saw any snails or anything in/around/attached to it.

I have not seen any of them attached to my other snails..

What they are 'attached' to is actually a gel feeding block that's for my tang, it got blown off the rock I had it set on and was laying on the sand bed.

They were actually eating it i'm sure.

-TheChad

interesting. i don't think it's your lighting that's causing them not to open up all the way. 150s aren't exactly overkill for a 90. i don't know what to tell you about the clam, except, maybe there was too much flow aimed at it.

those snails will be found on that mucous that the clam makes to attach itself to something. they burrow in from there.

Back
Top Bottom