Are these Shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Haley_K

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have what looks like little tiny grey shrimp in my tank. They are everywhere.

Is that possible? i would post a picture but they are well to tiny to snag! and get a pic of!

Any ideas of why they are there?

Yeah, amphipod!!! Was wondering why my answer was still bugging me. I got dain bramage I think sometime. :)

Thanks Corey.

lol np, whenever someone says anything about shrimp or fleas or whatever i say amphi because when i first saw them it bugged and scared the life out of me until i found out what they were!

Not shrimp. Likely these.

Copepod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They are good for the tank. No worries.
What size tank and how much rock? If large enuf, you may qualify for the grand prize. :) One of these. MandarinFish

Thank you but i dont think i would Qualify. My tank is to small for that beautiful fish. :) But just so you know i have a 29 gallon tank whit about 3 or 4 lbs of rock. but hope full soon i can get started on my custom tank.

~Not shrimp. Likely these.

Copepod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They are good for the tank. No worries.
What size tank and how much rock? If large enuf, you may qualify for the grand prize. :) One of these. MandarinFish~

Thank you Austinsdad,

Thank you. But i dont think i would qualify. :) At the moment i only have a 29 gallon tank with about 3 or 4 lbs of live rock. Hopefully some time soon i can start a bigger custom tank.

Haley :)

i don't think you are seeing copepods. i think the shrimp like creatures you are seeing are indeed shrimp. mysid shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom