Are you superstitious?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brandon K.A

Aquarium Advice Freak
Do you believe in superstition? How superstitious are you? I personally am superstitious, but to a certain point. For instance, I don't think an extra candle on a birthday cake will give me any type of luck... same for birthday wishes....they seem to never come true. However, I don't tend to like opening umbrellas indoors...besides the superstition, it also just doesn't feel right.

I'm the same, no ones allowed to open umbrellas in the house, I don't walk under ladders, no new shoes on work tops & I hate Friday the 13th , the last Friday the 13th my tv went on fire! Luckily my son witnessed it as I wasn't in the room. So yep I'm superstitious lol

shellyx said:
I'm the same, no ones allowed to open umbrellas in the house, I don't walk under ladders, no new shoes on work tops & I hate Friday the 13th , the last Friday the 13th my tv went on fire! Luckily my son witnessed it as I wasn't in the room. So yep I'm superstitious lol

Same! I hate Friday the 13th!

Im not really supersticious, but as a tennis player i am a little bit :) for instance if i hit a good serve i will try and get the same ball, or if i won both games on one side and i loose both on a differant side i feel like the only games i will win are on the "winning" side. Wierd. Hahaha

Im not supersticious at all lol. I will walk under ladders and open an umbrella inside-although I dont know why id need to.

I feel that if you dont know its friday the 13th, than nothing bad will happen.

I do believe in ghosts though if that counts. I think my house is a little haunted too :D

George9 said:
Im not supersticious at all lol. I will walk under ladders and open an umbrella inside-although I dont know why id need to.

I feel that if you dont know its friday the 13th, than nothing bad will happen.

I do believe in ghosts though if that counts. I think my house is a little haunted too :D

Hahaha i never know when its friday the 13th...

I am, badly lol
I do not take an open pocket knife from anyone, broom is never taken out the front door, when we moved in the house I put a new penny on top of the door frame, no black cats near the house, If the palm of your hand itches you will be coming into money (this one I know to be true for myself because I buy a lottery ticket each time my palm itches and I always win every time)
This are just to name a few lol

I kinda am. My moms b-day is 4/13 so the friday the 13th thing dosent realy get me but, every time I name one of my fish it dies or goes mia in like a weeks time.

Josh1158 said:
I kinda am. My moms b-day is 4/13 so the friday the 13th thing dosent realy get me but, every time I name one of my fish it dies or goes mia in like a weeks time.

Same here. If I name a fish, it usually dies.

This is gonna sound real nasty but my husband who is a pretty good hockey goalie (not to brag but ;) ) STILL uses his winning cup from high school. He's 25...
He's way more supersticious than I am, he has the same meal before every game. There's more but he knows I think its kinda silly so he doesn't usually share lol

Me? No going under ladders, no white lighters, no black cats, typical stuff. I did break a mirror 8 years ago and the EXACT day that my bad luck was supposedly up, I broke another one... I have another 6 yrs to go -__-

MrPillow said:
I will definitely agree that it does sound a bit nasty :lol:

Yep yep yep I try telling him all the time pleeeaaaase trash that thing I can smell it from downstairs. One day when he's sleeping I am going to replace it with a new one, beaten up and nasty looking. With my luck he will say it smells different, what did you do....

Oh man I'm definitely superstitious. I was driving one day and a black cat crossed the road. I literally just turned around right there. (its funny tho because now I actually have a black cat, named Binx) I refuse to walk under ladders, if I find a penny, I always pick it up, etc etc.
But I'm also a huge theater geek in school, so there's those too. Like never say good luck (you must say break a leg), you can't say Macbeth "If an actor speaks the name "Macbeth" in a theatre prior to a performance, he or she is required to leave the theatre building, spin around three times, spit, curse, and then knock to be allowed back in. "
No whistling, the theater must be closed one night a week so the ghosts can perform their plays, no real money on stage, no peacock feathers on stage, its bad luck to complete a play with no audience, and of course, a bad dress rehearsal means a good opening night.

Back
Top Bottom