Arizona

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In some cases it's actual driftwood, or it's a hard wood species capable of being a driftwood (after being water logged and all). Something like manzanita is such an example. It's collected right off the tree, dried, in some cases sand blasted to remove the bark or what not. But point being, it's a hard wood known to not decompose in the water. Just have to be careful when using unknown wood, aside from pollutants, I've read some can have toxins usually kept for deterring insects and anything else that would like to munch on it.

Went to aquatouch today. Was impressed how clean the whole store was tanks and all. Staff was busy with other people but they seemed nice. Lots of cool saltwater fish, corals and plants but not a lot of freshwater fish to chose from. Was at Ocean Floor Store yesterday. First impression it was dirty and unorganized but after walking around it wasnt as bad as it first looked. Lots of freshwater fish and good selection of equipment and stuff and the staff seemed nice and knowledgeable. I did find out they work on commission so if you go there and someone is really helpful make sure they check you out when you leave.

I havent made it to the fish place out in mesa as its kinda far but iam going to try and go there in the next few days and check it out. I wanna check out all my options and know who has what

I live up in the White Mountains and have become very disenchanted with the only LFS we have up here... Are there any stores in the valley that if I were to buy fish from that would package them for the 4 hour drive for me to get them home?

I live up in the White Mountains and have become very disenchanted with the only LFS we have up here... Are there any stores in the valley that if I were to buy fish from that would package them for the 4 hour drive for me to get them home?

I dont know if they would package them somehow or if they have anything special they would do for you. Best bet would be to call them and ask them directly. Are you after saltwater or freshwater fish? If your after saltwater the store Aquatouch is a couple block away I could stop and talk to them for you and see what they have to offer but they dont have much for freshwater stuff there.

I don't think 4 hours is too much for a fish to handle in a bag full of air and water. I've purchased from Aquatouch and they double bag what you buy. Just make sure the ambient temperatures you're transporting the bag in isn't too hot or cold. You can also use an insulated cooler to keep the temps steady. Unless you're trying to transport the livestock in a non-air conditioned car in the AZ summer, then you'd have a problem. I think living in AZ, the prerequisite is having AC for most folks! LOL

LOL I try to avoid the valley during the summer. Can't take the heat. My tanks are all FW and if I were to buy fish down there I had already planned on using a small styrofoam cooler to transport them in. Thanks for the input guys!

Hello Tucson!

Btw Arizona, in Flagstaff I found what so far appears to be a GREAT LFS! Salt and fresh, really competitive prices, good plants, knowledgeable ppl, AND in the same strip mall as a PetSmart!
Soon as I track down the business card I got, I'll pass it along!

Just saw this thread sooo glad to see some AZ people on here I was starting to think there weren't any left lol. I'm in phx not many good lfs left out here.

Phoenix fish lover here. Lol fish lover. I do though. Only have one aquarium up and running so far with my relatively small community of fishys. They are my tranquility.

Back
Top Bottom