arranging rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ditchdoctor81

Aquarium Advice Regular
Our tank is in process of cycling & I'm not sure I like how the aquascaping. Right now we have the same exact amount of space in front of the rock as we do behind the rock. It's centered perfectly. I like how we have it stacked, just not how we don't have "a lot" of room in the front of the rocks. I know we don't want dead spaces behind the rock, but would it hurt it if we moved it back some? How much room from the top of the rock to the water level should we leave? I'll take a picture today & post it to show you all how it is now. Like I said, I like how it's stacked just wish it was back an inch or 2... 8O

Thanks
Jonathon

I have had my rock on the back glass for nine yrs now. It gives you plenty of room in the front as well as keeps the fish out front also. IMO if you have too much room in the back then they might stay in the back limiting how much you`ll see them. There is definitely nothing wrong with space on both sides just more eye pleasing if everyone is out front. JMO

That's why I was wanting to move it back....I'd be pissed if all of my fish stayed on the back side & not the front! lol

I guess we will work on it this afternoon!

Thanks!

There are a million and one ways to arrange your rock work. Take your time and play with it a bit. It's not as easy to rearange after you have live stock in the tank. It's all a matter of what you like, after all it is your tank!

We just moved the rocks. Will there be any problems with me leaving the ph's off for a while for things to settle down? It's pretty cloudy now. How long do you all think will I be safe to leave them off?

No fish in your tank you should be OK for a while. Get them going as soon as possible though.

I agree.....when ever I get a sand storm going in my tank I usually shut things down for a couple of hours to let things settle but I get them going shortly after that. You want to keep the water moving as much as you can.

Back
Top Bottom