Arrow Crab - I did the impulse thing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
a note on acclimation, an hour is really not slow enough for shrimp. They are pretty sensitive to water chemistry changes.

I did end up acclimating longer. It ended up being about two hours because I got side tracked (computer).

I did say earlier in the post I was getting a CBS... I think... Yeah, someone warned me that they like the taste of other shrimp. However, I have to say he is pretty much to himself. He just hangs upside down in a cave of sorts in the LR. He came out alot last night be just checked out the new digs mostly. Tom, my clown, did nip at him some at first.

Ill have to watch him tonight while the lights are off to see how he acts.

My CBS hasn't bothered a soul since forever. (He was my first resident, back in April '05). For inverts in my 75, I have lots of hermits and snails, five peppermint shrimp, and one cleaner. They all get along famously.

Hope the acclimation worked out OK....I do all my inverts for 3-4 hours. Maybe I'm just a nervous nellie? Haven't lost any so far, though!

WOW 8O .. Now that's completely contrary to what I've heard and read about CBS. Ive been checking on him all night.. He is being a good boy- or girl..

I have no idea what to name him though.. Mayby bandit? Naw, that's too Duke's of Hazzard... Hmmm...

You may be fine. This is from liveaquaria
It is a good aquarium inhabitant, however, it is not very compatible with Triggers or Wrasses, and can destroy corals and anemones by nipping them open to feed on ingested food. Provide sufficient room to allow it to move without its long antennae touching neighboring corals or anemones. Banded Coral Shrimp must be kept singly, or as a true mated pair, being intolerant of other Banded Coral Shrimp. It may harass other smaller shrimp of different species.

Yeah, I read that at one point.. He has not touched the feather duster yet, and that is what I was most afraid of.. He just threatens everyone as they pass.. Well, now I guess I should be concerned with stress to is buddies.. Still, everyone seems happy so far..

Back
Top Bottom