Assassin sexy time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It just might be. That pineapple under the sea can be viewed as a swanky motel.
Report back when you see little ones crawling around.

It just might be. That pineapple under the sea can be viewed as a swanky motel. Report back when you see little ones crawling around.
Haha was not my intention when introducing the pineapple but hey! They're still at it this morning!

Oh no if it is, I'm in trouble, mine have been doing the same since yesterday. Please let me know how the eggs look like if you get to see them.

The eggs are relatively large (~1mm x 1mm), squarish and have a little white spot on the middle. I have them all over my tank. Once they hatch the white spot disappears. I haven't seen any wee ones yet, but I expect I'll start seeing some little guys before long. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387701260.667844.jpg

I haven't seen any yet, really hoping to get some babies. My 29 needs a clean up crew!

Look for the eggs on things like driftwood, rocks, etc. The underside of my driftwood was covered in them, but I also found them on the rhizome of my java fern, and they've laid a few on the filter of the little tank i have them in while I try to decide what I want to do with them. If you do see any, it'll be a few weeks before they hatch, and quite a bit longer before you see the babies. I know some of mine started hatching in mid October and I still can't find any babies.

Thanks for the info! I do have a nice piece if driftwood with plenty of tight crevices, I have observed snails in these crevices, I'm just concerned my bn Pleco will find/eat the eggs. I'm really hoping this does not happen..

After hatching they will spend several months subterrainian. Then suddenly poof baby assassins.

Mine were 'stuck' together since yesterday & since I ve read that they won t breed except in brackish water, I thought they were assasinating each other so I separated them. That would be awesome to get some babies. So, do they indeed reproduce in freshwater???

Mine were 'stuck' together since yesterday & since I ve read that they won t breed except in brackish water, I thought they were assasinating each other so I separated them. That would be awesome to get some babies. So, do they indeed reproduce in freshwater???

Yes! They reproduce quiet prolifically in the right conditions!

Yes! They reproduce quiet prolifically in the right conditions!

Just noticed 2 baby Assassins in my 6 gallon tank. Not brackish. Maybe they are just horny?! :brows:

How many babies are usually born? There could be more as the tank is heavily planted.

Just noticed 2 baby Assassins in my 6 gallon tank. Not brackish. Maybe they are just horny?! :brows:

How many babies are usually born? There could be more as the tank is heavily planted.

One per egg. I have seen close to a hundred eggs in my tank though when they have plenty of food.

Nice one. I've got loads of little opaque/white eggs in the tank. Could belong to Assassins? Or perhaps random pond snails.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom