Assassin Snails-Mystery Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He will eat worms, small fish, cucumber. Basically if it fits on his mouth he will eat it. But not fish food ha

I am curios to know if your assassins bothered your Mystery's or not. I purchased 2 assassins for my 55gal a year ago and not only did they devour every pest snail in there they ate my mystery snail and then bred. Now i have like 15 assassins and i am constantly going to my lfs and taking snails from them because they have them all in their tanks. I also set up another tank specifically to grow my own pest snails. I love my assassins. they are definitely cool

Any update on how the 4 hungry assassin snails are doing? I suspect that they are pretty full by now.

I still have some pond snails on my plants, but they have definitely cut down on the population boom that I was seeing with the pond snails and the Malaysian trumpets. Before I got them, it was getting to the point where I was seeing tons of babies in the morning. Now, just a few pond snails on my plants. All in all, I think they've done a great job.

I am curios to know if your assassins bothered your Mystery's or not. I purchased 2 assassins for my 55gal a year ago and not only did they devour every pest snail in there they ate my mystery snail and then bred. Now i have like 15 assassins and i am constantly going to my lfs and taking snails from them because they have them all in their tanks. I also set up another tank specifically to grow my own pest snails. I love my assassins. they are definitely cool

No, they haven't bothered my two mystery snails at all. I've been keeping an eye on them and them seem to stay in the substrate, while my mystery snails are on the plants and glass mostly. Hopefully they won't bother my Mystery snails. I'll let you know if that changes.

Back
Top Bottom