Assassin snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MattS99

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've been dealing with an unwanted MTS infestation, so I'm getting an assassin snail soon to help control the population a bit. It's been a while since I've kept any inverts and I've done my research, feel pretty good about it, but have one lingering question. When I kept nerite snails with bettas in the past, the nerites would climb over the water line, onto the bottom of the lid and try to escape the tank. Will an assassin try to do this as well?

I've been dealing with an unwanted MTS infestation, so I'm getting an assassin snail soon to help control the population a bit. It's been a while since I've kept any inverts and I've done my research, feel pretty good about it, but have one lingering question. When I kept nerite snails with bettas in the past, the nerites would climb over the water line, onto the bottom of the lid and try to escape the tank. Will an assassin try to do this as well?
assassins stay in the tank (I never had issues)

yes!

They will definitely stay in the tank. They are crazy little hunters who will constantly be on the lookout for a new meal.

Back
Top Bottom