Assorted Cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scalesojustice

Aquarium Advice Activist
Often times LFS i see fish marked as "assorted cichlids." Has anyone else seen these and know what type of cichlids they really are? they seem like africans, but could they be Apistogrammas?

i'm interested in Apistogrammas for my 40 gal, but i hesitate in accidently buying africans that would need a larger tank. plus, i want american cichlids.

they are usualy africans...sometime a mix of mbuna...some times mbuna hybrids i think...

Yeah, I have that problem at a few of the LFS I frequent as well. Most are mbuna, but I've seen peacocks and other mysterious looking fish in the tanks.

yep. mostly mbuna at my place too. zebras, labs, socolofis, and also peacocks, dolphins etc etc.

Mostly Mbuna at my local fish stores. Occasionally there is a peacock, but it's normally Mbuna. Cross breeds, some full breed, but mostly cross.

in that case then, i don't know if i've ever seen Apistogrammas for sale around here. looks like i'm going on a scouting mission this weekend.

thanks for the input!

scalesojustice said:
in that case then, i don't know if i've ever seen Apistogrammas for sale around here. looks like i'm going on a scouting mission this weekend.

thanks for the input!
i had to get in touch with a local breeder to get my hands on some apistos

If you live in York Pa. Tony`s tropical Fish and Birds would most likely have what you want. His fish are very healthy.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom