Atlanta Fish Shop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCrazyFishLady

Aquarium Advice Addict
Premier Aquatics (formerly Marine Fish) moved to a new spot off of Roswell Road and I have to say they are awesome. My boyfriend and I went in a few weeks ago and I completely forgot that I should probably put up a thread about them. I received probably the best service at a fish store that I have ever gotten. Their fish and plant selection has gotten much better (that's where I got my panda garras). After going in this last time, I am basically switching all of my business over to them. Even though it's a bit of a drive for me, it's worth it. I had been to the former location, but they have improved to the point I may not go anywhere else.

So, if you live in Northwest side of Atlanta or are going to be in the area, I highly recommend this place!

Here's their website: Marine Fish And Reef

I am from Atlanta as well and they are my favorite LFS in Atlanta area. However I was curious to their competition, so on Friday I drove around to 8 different fish/aquarium stores all around the greater Atlanta area. But Premier Aquatics still comes out on top, probably cause when I went on Friday they just got a brand new selection of Cichlids in.

I don't really like their new location, but maybe I'm the only one. The space seems smaller. But Aquarium Outfitters is my FAVORITE. So glad I live in Athens.

It's great from my two trips. Hoping to go in there again in the next few weeks.

Yea, it was kind of difficult finding them. I had to turn on my navigator actually. haha But, it's really a different set up. I don't think its smaller. I may be wrong through.

Yea the old location was way more convenient and bigger. The new one is still good. Anyone ever go to aquarium warehouse? They're a literal warehouse so not very clean but they have some pretty rare stuff, very high prices though and kinda sketchy.

Oh! I've heard of that place now, after looking it up. It's all saltwater, that's why I've never been. I've heard of lots of people talking about it though.

The website is not accurate :)

They actually have a nice selection of Lake Malawi Cichlids, lots of male and female pairs, some more rare cichlids, and most of them are label female or male which is nice. Again they're a bit pricey and they use scratchy acrylic tanks, so it appears a bit dirty. It's pretty cool to see, when you go let me know what you think about the fish in the big blue baby pool...he's is very interesting! Make sure you walk around the pool, it'll give you quite a laugh!

Where is everyone's favorite ATL area store to get SW? I just started my SW tank and curious where everyone is going? (I've been sticking with premier aquatics, I'm curious what else is out there though)

Looks great! i'll check them out after my move. I'm also going to check out Optimum, people on this thread had good things to say about them. When I checked them out their FW was lacking so wasn't paying attention to their SW.

Did you ever check out aquarium warehouse? I found out the big fish they have in the pool is a Titan Triggerfish, pretty vicious guy.

Looks great! i'll check them out after my move. I'm also going to check out Optimum, people on this thread had good things to say about them. When I checked them out their FW was lacking so wasn't paying attention to their SW.

Did you ever check out aquarium warehouse? I found out the big fish they have in the pool is a Titan Triggerfish, pretty vicious guy.
wheres the warehouse at?

Ar there any good places for tropical fish on the southside, stockbridge area? im new to the area and petsmart wont cut it

+1 for Aquarium Warehouse. Kevin Chang, the owner, is one of the most experienced fish/coral experts in the country. There is always a good selection of large fish, as well as sharks, rays and medium to large sized eels. And his regular aquarium maintenance division guarantees the lives of the fish and corals in the tanks they service regularly. I know this first hand, as a regular customer.

reef master said:
+1 for Aquarium Warehouse. Kevin Chang, the owner, is one of the most experienced fish/coral experts in the country. There is always a good selection of large fish, as well as sharks, rays and medium to large sized eels. And his regular aquarium maintenance division guarantees the lives of the fish and corals in the tanks they service regularly. I know this first hand, as a regular customer.

Yup, I've grown to like Aquarium Warehouse a lot. Prices are better than I thought and the SW selection is great. Just make sure you QT your fish and drip your coral. One time I got some coral with aptasia.

Back
Top Bottom