Auratis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwhit13

Aquarium Advice Activist
Question for the experts. I have one male and two female Auratus...all was fine with them (I thought they were all female) until three nights ago two of them spawned and the next day the male developed his colors. now the female is holding. Last night I watched the two females constantly get into a fight...nothing serious just the constant quick circling of each other. The male would observe then step in between and then drive the other female who isnt holding to the back of the tank, swim back check on the one who is holding then go about its business. This happened over and over last night. Is this normal behavior between two females? and is that normal behavior for the male? I don't think there is anything wrong and they dont seem to be hurting each other at all just curious. Also I know I need to get a couple more females for him so yesterday went looking. The only ones I could tell for sure were females were a couple inches bigger and thicker. Would this be ok to add one that big or keep searching until I find a like sized one and pray I dont get the sex wrong?

Larger females should be fine, as long as they aren't giant in comparison. :) It would at least take some pressure off the holding female. ;)

Sent from my GS4

Back
Top Bottom