Automatic Feeders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Petey

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm going to be taking a week vacation for the first time since I've setup my SW tank. I'm unsure about having someone come and feed them for me while I'm gone. I've had no problems with the tank or critters thus far and think they will be fine for a week without someone peeking in the glass at them. I'm looking to get an automatic feeder so that they'll be happy while Im gone, and on a regular schedule when I'm home. Does anyone have any experience with feeders or any that they could recomend to me.

Thanks

I've been using a Rondomatic Feeder when I vacation for the last 15 years without a hitch. Well worth the money.

I had one of those that has a tube that food spills into, and the whole container slowly turns, and at a certain point, some food spills into the tube and falls in the tank.

It worked fine, but it overfead my fish. I guess if you buy a better one it wont do that.

Do you have an auto top off device for your top off water? How often to you need to replace water from evaporation. Personally I would be more concerend over maintaning salinity by keeping the water level at the right level than feeding the tank.

Im not a big fan of the autofeeders. Instead if you can get a neightbor or someone to come and do the feeding once every other day or something. Take the right amount of food and put it in small plastic bags or cups or something. Then HIDE the rest of the food. Instruct them to feed 1 cup every day or every other day and then instruct them on how much water to add and where to get the water from OR if you have a predictable top off schedule pre measure the correct ammount to add daily and line up jugs or contaners by the tank so they can feed and dump a certin amount of water in daily or every other day.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom