Automatic Fish Feeders/ Feeding Blocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lozzamogz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi All,

I am having to go away for a week and, unfortunately, there is nobody around to feed my tropical fish for me.

I was wondering whether anyone has used/has an opinion on the holiday feeding blocks that can be bought from pet stores? My worry is that the fish will binge on it (they nibble on algae wafers so I have no doubt that they would nibble on a food block) and suffer the consequences of over feeding.

I have also checked out the automatic feeders, which look great but don't seem suitable for tanks with lids. Mine has a flat, glass lid and in the past, I have had jumpers so I'm wary of removing it. Does anyone know of feeders that could solve this problem?

My tank is the Aqua One Aqua Nano (55 litres). (Have attached a picture of the tank I have).

If anyone has any advice or alternative ideas, they would be greatly appreciated.

Laura :)

Attachments

• 7101366PL.jpg
    7101366PL.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 109
Vacation Tank Care

Hello Laura...

A couple of weeks before I leave, I feed a little more and more often. A couple of days before, I stop all feeding and do a bit larger than normal water change. The fish live off their little bit of fat and you come home to a clean tank.

Just double check everything before you leave. The fish can go several days without food.

B

Back
Top Bottom