Away from home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OneMarcilV

Aquarium Advice Newbie
When leaving the fish for awhile like 4 days I know here are feeding blocks available that last quote awhile. I am interested in knowing if the electric shuts off for some reason and the filter does not come back on how long will fish be OK with out the filter. The most time I am asking about is 4 days.

I have a 10 gallon aquarium with 6 fishes no live plants.

:welcome: to AA

What fish do you have? That will help determine how long as it will depend on the bio-load.

A good backup to a filter is an air-stone. Even if the filter does not start back up ... air-stones are connected to simple electric motors, they'll provide surface agitation for gas exchange.

jcolon said:
:welcome: to AA

What fish do you have? That will help determine how long as it will depend on the bio-load.

A good backup to a filter is an air-stone. Even if the filter does not start back up ... air-stones are connected to simple electric motors, they'll provide surface agitation for gas exchange.

Thank you for the welcome.

I have goldfish type one algie eater and a black molly.

Dont use those feeding blocks they are horrible for ur tank they will muck it up...fish can go awhile without food if its only 4 days they will be fine without feeding I've seen them go for 2 weeks before and do fine...plus that will help cut bio load down since u won't be there for pwc

just dump a handful of flakes in and they will be ok. Just kidding just listen to xfactor. i just went home for 5 days and all my fish are prefectly fine in all 3 tanks.

xfactor6699 said:
Dont use those feeding blocks they are horrible for ur tank they will muck it up...fish can go awhile without food if its only 4 days they will be fine without feeding I've seen them go for 2 weeks before and do fine...plus that will help cut bio load down since u won't be there for pwc

What is pwc?

I will feed the fish Saturday before I leave. That way there would only be 3 days without feeding.

Back
Top Bottom